Crowdfunding is the practice of raising small amounts of money from a large number of people. It’s an increasingly popular and valuable fundraising tool for charitable nonprofits.
Choosing the best crowdfunding platform for your organization can be overwhelming. Use this guide as a resource to help.
- BRANDING: Make sure the crowdfunding platform you choose allows you to utilize your branding.
- ADMINISTRATIVE TIME-SAVERS: Look for the platform that works the hardest for you.
- SOCIAL NETWORKING: You’ll want to drive a lot of traffic to your campaign.
- FUNDRAISING PAGES: Does the platform have a limit to the number of fundraising pages that can be created?
- PRICING: Make sure all fees are clearly outlined and not hidden. Are you able to enter your cash and check donations into the platform so they’re counted in your goal?
- PAYMENT GATEWAYS: Consider choosing a platform that has the ability to securely store credit card information from your donors so you can shift payment gateways as you find one that works best for you.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Find out how to contact customer service and a typical response time.
David is the creator of REACH, a web application used by non-profits to manage donor, fundraising, and child sponsorship programs around the world. Leveraging his 15 years of experience helping non-profits with their IT and web design needs, David has a passion for creating easy to use systems that help non-profits run more efficiently while reducing administrative costs.
REACH is a service of Sugar Maple Interactive, LLC founded by David in 2008 to provide design, development, and marketing solutions for non-profits and small businesses.